Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring iCal from Time Machine

I accidently deleted my calendars from iCal and then my blank iCal synced to mobileme and my iPhone so I lost everything. When I try to restore my iCal from Time Machine, it initially shows all my calendars when I open iCal, then it syncs to mobileme and I get a blank iCal again.

Here's what I do:

1. Quit iCal.

2. Delete Calendar folder from Home>Library.

3. Restore Calendar folder from Time Machine using the gear icon and "Restore to ..."

Then when I open iCal it restores perfectly, then syncs to mobileme and erases again.

After talking to an apple tech, he suggested going into iCal's preferences and deleting the mac.com and trying the above steps again. That doesn't work. I even tried going into System Preferences>MobileMe>Sync>Advanced>Reset Sync Data to replace info on mobileme with sync info from my computer. That didn't work either.

What step am I missing to restore my iCal from Time Machine?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jul 28, 2011 12:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2011 1:04 PM

kanagashi,

Try Restoring MobileMe calendars from Time Machine, by Roger Wilmut.

User uploaded file

3 replies

Jul 28, 2011 1:52 PM in response to Ferd II

Thank you, Ferd!! I've read several of your replies on this same question and appreciate your willingness to help us lost iCal users!

I followed Roger Wilmut's instructions (with a few tweaks) and now my calendars are "On My Mac". I'm still having sync issues with MobileMe though, the "On My Mac" calendars aren't syncing to MobileMe.

However I just ordered the snow leopard upgrade so that I can also upgrade to Lion. Hopefully once I upgrade to Lion, I can simply follow "Setting Up iCal for MobileMe" (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4340).

Jul 28, 2011 2:35 PM in response to kanagashi

kanagashi,

You are welcome...thanks for your kind comments.

I'm still having sync issues with MobileMe though, the "On My Mac" calendars aren't syncing to MobileMe.

The "On My Mac" calendars will not sync to MobileMe. Did you complete Roger's checklist under the "Reconnect to the internet. Your MobileMe calendars will disappear as before. Now carry out the following process with each of the 'On My Mac' calendars:" paragraph?

Syncing should be possible after carrying out those steps.

User uploaded file

Restoring iCal from Time Machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.