HOW DO YOU GET A SINGLE FRAME FROM IMOVIE COPIED TO IPHOTO?
iMovie '11, Mac OS X (10.6.8)
This is probably not the preferred method. But this is what I came up with
- Switch to full-screen playback in iMovie (Apple key + letter g)
- Move your mouse to the bottom of the screen, and skim across that video until you get to the EXACT frame you want to copy.
- Now you are going to take a screenshot. Hold down the Apple key + Shift + number 4. It will be hard to see but the cursor will change shape to a circle and cross-like target.
- Move the cursor up to one corner (say the top left) and drag diagonally across and down to the opposite corner (lower left).
- Let go of the mouse button when you reach that corner. You might here a camera sound at that point (that's the Mac's way of saying you made the screenshot).
- Now quit iMovie and go to the Desktop. If your Desktop isn't too crowded with folders and other stuff there should be a picture there with a title beginning with the words Screen shot.....(and the date and time).
- Drag that picture down to the Dock at the bottom of the screen and drop it onto the iPhoto application icon. That will import the picture into iPhoto.