Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I install fonts on Lion osx?

In snow leopard, I just went to library>Fonts, but I don't see Library listed in my finder panel, I have a deadline for a project in an hour and i need to add a font to my macbook!?

Posted on Jul 28, 2011 2:29 PM

10 replies

Aug 1, 2011 7:18 AM in response to Schmitty83

...or, an easier way is to use spotlight (cmd + space, or click the magnifying glass at the top right) and search for 'fonts'. The fonts folder will be on the list - click this to open it, drag in your fonts to install.

But why we've never been able to right click on a font file and select 'install' i do not know!

May 3, 2012 9:14 AM in response to Schmitty83

My students were just now installing fonts with font book, but they wouldn't show up. You could even see the font file in the corect font folder but the fonts were not available to any apps.

We closed all apps, and rebooted. All the closed apps opened again at startup. That seemed a bit odd.

Rebooted again. Fonts are all available now, computer is fine.

Jun 18, 2013 7:39 AM in response to Schmitty83

i need font help....i had a dell and i want the fonts from it....i sent the files to my dropbox. OPened dropbox on my new macbook pro...opened the tff file....chose "install font" in the popup window.....watched font book open and appear to work at installing and then stop. no font installed. ive read some things online about needing a users file....my font book doesn't have a users folder...can someone give me instructions or a link to getting this to work properly please?

Thank you.

Jun 18, 2013 7:49 AM in response to Boomer2

oh....so i went into preferences within font book and changed the default location for fonts to the "computer" instead of "user"...so now when i try to install a font it asks for my password and actually does install. But, sorry, i am new to apple mac,,,,what exactly do i need to do to save the fonts to a user folder like it was set up to do on default---even though there is no "user" folder in fontbook

How do I install fonts on Lion osx?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.