Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to get playlist from iPod to iTunes

I have a playlist on my ipod but not in iTunes. How can I transfer the playlist without have to do it manually?

thanks

Posted on Jul 28, 2011 7:46 PM

2 replies

Mar 1, 2012 6:53 AM in response to planespeed

I just had to do this today. Here's what to do.

1. On your computer, close iTunes and disconnect your iPod/iPhone/iPad.
  2. Reconnect your iPod/iPhone/iPad to your computer while pressing Command and Control. Don't release the buttons until your device appears in iTunes. This launches iTunes in Safe Mode and will prevent it from overwriting your device.
  3. Click on your device in the iTunes Devices list, turning the arrow down. This will reveal all the playlists existing on your device.
  4. Click on a playlist you want to copy from your device to iTunes. Then click File, Library, Export Playlist.
  5. Save the playlist as a .txt file on your computer hard drive.
  6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each playlist you wish to save.
  7. Eject your device and close iTunes.
  8. Open iTunes and reconnect your device as normal.
  9. Go to File, Library, Import Playlist and select one of your playlist .txt files from your computer hard drive. Repeat for each playlist.
  10. You may need to re-sync your device. Allow extra time as iTunes may see this as a new library and need to erase and sync.

how to get playlist from iPod to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.