Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Instant Alpha

I'm trying to make the background of an image go away so that I just have the object in the image and the background transparent. Now, I tried in instant alpha in preview and this is what happens:

User uploaded file

I get these dotted lines around the giraffe. I then press enter and instead of showing me the giraffe with a transparent background, I see this:

User uploaded file

I don't know what to do with this. Is this my transparent image? I know how to do Instant Alpha in Pages, but I do not know how to get the transparent image from the pages document to my desktop. I would also really like to know how to do Instant Alpha in Preview. Does anyone know what I should do after this to retreive my new transparent backround image?

Thanks So Much

Preview-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7), Version 5.5

Posted on Jul 28, 2011 8:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2011 7:17 AM

Hit Delete once the area to be transparent is selected - i know it used to be 'enter/return' to activate this but at some point was changed to 'delete'. i hope that helps.

3 replies

Instant Alpha

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.