Currently Being ModeratedJul 29, 2011 5:50 AM (in response to cynsin)
- If you go to Settings>Store is the iPod signed into the account you want?
- Do you have any apps or other stuff on the iPod that were purchased with the account you do not want? If you do you will have to delete those,
- Restore your old iTunes files to the new comnputer. Make sure you authorize the computer for the iTunes accounts associated with the items in the iTunes library.
- Make sure that the the iPod backup file is restored. It is located here:
iTunes places the backup files in the following places:
- Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
- Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
- Windows Vista and Windows 7: \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
Note: If you do not see the AppData or Application Data folders, you may need to show hidden files (Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7), or iTunes may not be installed in the default location. Show hidden files and then search the hard drive for the Backup directory.
Once all your suff is in your iTunes library, you neen to restore you iPod from that backup and syn as necessary.
If you are in the USA and have the lates version of iTunes you can redownload iTunes stuf by:
Currently Being ModeratedJul 30, 2011 12:14 AM (in response to lllaass)
ummm I only copied the iTunes folder from the Music folder in my old computer as backup, I didnt copy my ipod sync backup from the folder u show above.. Is it important? I never thought i'd need that
How do you do the authorization thing?
For restoring my old files, do I just import the library? (iTunes Library.itl)?
So I have to delete all my old apps? I've used the old account only for free apps, I wasnt allowed to buy anything before, and when I got a credit card to use, my old account got tricky, I think I must have messed up when adding the details and all. I downloaded quite a bit of games with my previous account.. Most of my favorite games must be associated with the old account.. Do you know a way to have a list of all the apps in my ipod that belong to that account? Life is so complicated :'(