Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

isight not found video camera disconnected is message i get when i try to use

i have been using skype video for ever..no problem..a week ago when i tried to use it mssage was: no video camera connected.tried rebooting,re setting pmu,no change...i am currently in europe..help.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8), video camera was working fine

Posted on Jul 29, 2011 1:41 AM

1 reply

Jul 30, 2011 12:14 PM in response to sophiafromg

Hi,

Can you access the camera in any other App ?

Photo Booth and iMovie would be my first choices.

If you have another Mac Users Account on your computer does the camera work in that account (try the same apps) ?
Create an Account in System Preferences > Accounts if you don't have anything but your account and the Guest one.

IF you go to the Apple icon top left and Hold the ALT key you will see the second item change to System Profiler.

Select this then open the triangles to see Hardware > USB

Does the iSight appear here ? (You may have to click the USB Bus items on the right to get the details to show in the lower pane).

If you have tried the SMC/PMU resret and your accounst still can't see the camera then try a Safe Boot
Once it has started up this way restart the computer normally.

User uploaded file
8:14 PM Saturday; July 30, 2011

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb( 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

isight not found video camera disconnected is message i get when i try to use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.