Previous 1 2 Next 29 Replies Latest reply: Jul 29, 2011 9:28 PM by linked.account
linked.account Level 1 Level 1

Hi there.

I'm trying to login to Yahoo! using iChat 6.0 on Lion. Till last night I was able to do that but now I get this error "YRequestHTTPErrorDomain error 403".

It logs in and I become online but after 2 3 seconds iChat drops me out and I get the above error.

I've tried this using two MacBook Pros and even two Yahoo accounts still the same problem. I also tried removing the account from iChat but that also didn't help. Any idea ???

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)
Reply by Ralph Johns (UK) on Jul 29, 2011 1:55 PM Helpful
Hi All,This looks and reads like a Server end issue. A 403 error in a Web Browser would be a refused connection.There could be many reasons for that. It could be that some of you have multiple Logins going on and a second (or third) is refused.Consider if you have had a web based Login that you closed but did not log out of. Some places such as Google and AIM have persistent logins when you dot this that can last two weeks. I would have thought that Apple checked with Yahoo first before adding this feature and that Yahoo are aware of this and are not deliberately blocking iChat as a Client. From time to time the AIM servers have been known to "Go Down" and people in certain areas cannot then login to AIM  (There are related issues if AIM Cannot connect to either the MobileMe server or the @Mac.com one to check those Apple ID types). If the Yahoo connection (iChat Preferences > Account > Server setting) offers SSL, try logging in without it.The AIM side of this can lose the SSL connection in Leopard and Snow Leopard and needed a manual reset. If you have  Adium or Yahoo for Mac use those to check the Login port and make sure iChat is using the same one.EDIT  I can't see it/hey are listed in Yahoo for Mac. Port Forwarding.com suggests Yahoo uses port 5000-5001 to Login (On TCP) and 5000-5010 on UDP for Voice chats. (or port 5050 depending where you look) Running Little Snitch and comparing the ports Yahopo for AMc uses it seems it uses port 80, 443 (HTTPS),  5050 (TCP) and then the Voice/ is a Stun base push on port 3478 using UDP)STUN is the way Yahoo uses to get through NAT in routers.(iChat uses SIP)  9:54 PM      Friday; July 29, 2011Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"  G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)  MacBookPro 2Gb( 10.6.8)  Mac OS X (10.6.8), "Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously
Reply by Ralph Johns (UK) on Jul 29, 2011 2:16 PM Helpful
Hi,EDIT It seems like you have discivered the method to get around this. It looks like a multiple Login issue. The Google talk side works like this.Any jabber client has a Priority listing (most actually have settings as well but iChat does not)iChat is set to the same Priority as the Google Mail Chat option (When you log in with a browser)Whichever is the last log in take priority (although the other doses not get fully knocked off).This means that if you Login to Googletalk with iChat then use a web browser and go to either iGoogle or the Gail page then iChat will disconnect the Buddy list (Strangely Chat windows stay open and Chat can continue but are not repeated in other chat windows like AIM ones  are) The reverse is also true (Logging into Google then iChat will stop chats on the Google Mail page). This can be complicated if you just Quit the Google Page without loggin out first.  (I once found the page that could shorten the Default Login period)AIM has a similar default persistent login period.   10:14 PM      Friday; July 29, 2011Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"  G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)  MacBookPro 2Gb( 10.6.8)  Mac OS X (10.6.8), "Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

All replies

• andrein Level 1 Level 1

Same here. Tried all I could think, but nothing worked. Any advice?

• CarbonBlade Level 1 Level 1

Same for me but without the error message.  Yahoo chat has been working fine until this morning for me.  Now it logs in and then immediately disconnects.  I was wondering if something was up with the Yahoo servers, but using Yahoo Messenger works fine.  Maybe there is something going on with Apple's side of things?

All my other accounts (google talk, AIM account, Facebook) seem to still be working fine in iChat

You didn't get the error message because it's not a pop-up. But if you click the little button near the "disconnected" message, you will see it too.Screen Shot 2011-07-29 at 3.15.36 PM.png I'm finding out that more and more friends experience the same problem. My other accounts are working fine, too.

• linked.account Level 1 Level 1

I was just about uploading the same picture. By the way maybe this is a problem that will be fixed on server side. I've got another big big problem in iChat using Yahoo! that I described in these threads https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3208932

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3222304

Unfortunaltely nobody paied attention to those threads!! I think that problem is even more serious.

I didn't even tried invisible in iChat. But I guess I can't try it now. Another problem is the password. It keeps askink me the Yahoo password each and every time I've logged in, even though i've selected the "keep in keychain" option. But it's the least of the problems. First of all, we have to login, to have to worry about the rest. I actually hope it's a large scale problem, it's the only way they will fix this soon.

• linked.account Level 1 Level 1

Well I also have this problem even prior launching iChat. I think that this happens because tha push notification proccess that works in the background tries to connect to Yahoo server but it cannot because maybe it is not allowed to read your password from your keychain. Maybe that permission is just given to iChat and not that process.... I think this problem is related to other problem that I've mentioned in my other post, since both of them are probably caused by push notification process/ whatsoever.....

• finleyproduction Level 1 Level 1

I to have the same issue.

Is it yahoo? or what

• StatsJan Level 1 Level 1

I thought it was only me... And like a dummy, i kept trying to log on after getting disconnected. "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." Oh well...

• TiGPS Level 1 Level 1

I don't get an error but it still boots me off after loggin in for 1 second.I take that back. I get an error now: The operation couldn’t be completed. (YRequestHTTPErrorDomain error 999.)

Very, very annoying. Plus, what's with iChat shipping with no network specific emoticons? That's useless. Also you can't audio/video chat unless the other person has iChat too? Can you say lazy?

Sorry apple, you let us down again. AdiumX, here I come! (again)

• Aetherius Level 1 Level 1

Same issue here..

I blamed it first on my internet but now it seems that's Yahoo's fault.

They've been pushing the beta clien for 5 years now.. well that's a shame!

• NBW Level 1 Level 1

I am seeing the same issue with the immediate disconnects. I have used Yahoo IM in Lion in the past. The error I am getting is

YRequestHTTPErrorDomain error 403

Another data point is that I can log in using Beejive on my iPhone. If I am logged in via BeeJive and I try to log in with iChat by BeeJive session disconnects so the iChat session is connecting to some degree before it disconnects and returns that error.

• Darren Raymond Level 1 Level 1

Yahoo was working for me until today, and now I'm getting the same error message.

• rickbass Level 1 Level 1

Ditto this.  All good up until today.  iChat responding with 403 error message when trying to connect to Yahoo!

• EvilJRN Level 1 Level 1

Same.... YRequestHTTPErrorDomain error 403..... Trillian works fine.....

Previous 1 2 Next