Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the Lion version of Property List Editor?

I've downloaded XCode 4.1 and the Server Admin app in a vain attempt to find the property list editor. Does anyone know where it is?

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 29, 2011 10:18 AM

18 replies

Jul 29, 2011 11:02 AM in response to Patricia W

Well I figure that the plist editor is now integrated in XCode 4, but you could do the following: Get the

PlistEdit.framework (located in /Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/) and the "Property List Editor.app" from an earlier XCode-Installation and throw them into the corresponding folders of your XCode 4-Installation.

I don't know about that legal stuff but maybe you can get an earlier version on ADN.

Oct 10, 2011 10:22 AM in response to Patricia W

Thank you very much for the Answer

"Open with" Xcode 4 certainly works and although the user Interface

is a slightly different than the XCode 3.2 version

the function seems the same.

I also had the older version 3.2 installed and that Property List Editor still works as well

I am afraid this adds to my bad feelings about LION as they seem to have changed things for no good reason

and generated confusion . . .

steve

Oct 13, 2011 7:31 PM in response to rdj

If you want to report this issue to Apple's engineering, send a bug report or an enhancement request via its Bug Reporter system. To do this, register as an Apple Developer—it's free and available for all Mac users and gets you a look at some development software. Since you already have an Apple username/ID, use that. Once a member, go to Apple BugReporter and file your bug report or enhancement request. You'll get a response and a follow-up number; thus, starting a dialog with engineering.

Dec 14, 2011 7:25 PM in response to VincFalk

This worked perfectly, thanks. I just had to adjust the permissions on the PListEdit.framework folder to match the other framework folders. I wouldn't have found it in the PrivateFrameworks folder without your help. Much appreciated.

-----------------------

In response to:

Well I figure that the plist editor is now integrated in XCode 4, but you could do the following: Get the

PlistEdit.framework (located in /Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/) and the "Property List Editor.app" from an earlier XCode-Installation and throw them into the corresponding folders of your XCode 4-Installation.

Where is the Lion version of Property List Editor?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.