Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 3GS still shuts down frequently after battery change ..

Hey everybody,

I have an iPhone 3GS. Like 2 month ago, my phone started to shut down frequently and restarting immediately afterwards. During this process, I'm losing around 30% of my battery. I updated to the newest iOS and also did a full reset without backup.

Then I decided to replace the battery. A trusted company did it (no Apple stores in Germany, but this company is a very good reseller with a good repair point.) and afterwards, my phone still kept on resetting. I tried to charge the iPhone over night, but I just gained 2%. I returned the phone to the store, they checked it again but couldn't find the error. They replaced the battery again though.

Is this a known error? Does anyone have a solution? Feel free to ask me some more questions about this topic. Hope we can find a solution.

I already appreciate your help guys.

Greetings,

iLuke08

iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Jul 29, 2011 11:49 AM

8 replies

Jul 29, 2011 1:06 PM in response to iLuke08

You could try to take it to or send it to Apple. I believe they have a discounted battery replacement policy for out of warranty phones. The problem is, your phone has been opened by an unauthorized service provider and Apple probably won't touch it at this point, even for a fee.

I think your best bet is to take it back to whoever replaced the battery. Hopefully, they warranty their work.

Jul 29, 2011 1:18 PM in response to KiltedTim

Thank you for your answer.

I think I'll bring it back to the store I gave it to, since the Apple warranty is gone because of the open of the unauthorized service point. (actually, this store is listed as "Apple Authorised Service Providers".)

But the problem also existed before the battery replacement. So maybe it's actually not the battery? :-/

Does anyone else have this problem and maybe solved it? Or do any other nice guys have tips for me?

Already thanks for your replies guys.

Feb 8, 2013 3:47 AM in response to iLuke08

Yes Luke,,

even i am facing the same problem but since m not sure whether its a battery or a software problem i havent acted on doing anything.

however,, as mentioned above i feel its better to go to an apple store rather then dealing with the retailer because i went to a retailer and he said its a battery problem. when i asked him to show the new battery, it didnt have any warranty,, firstly it didnt have an apple cover on it which was suspicious.

iPhone 3GS still shuts down frequently after battery change ..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.