Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Features Recently Removed From iMovie '11? (Resolved!)

Ok so I remember, prior to updating to Lion (don't know if this has anything to do with my problem) within' iMovie '11 there was a feature that, when you drag one clip on top of another clip, you'd get a pop-up menu that would give you some options of what to do with said clip, such as green screen, picture in picture, overlay ect. Now, however, I get much fewer options. I now only get Insert or Replace, which doesn't give me the effect I want (PIP).

Has this feature been removed from iMovie '11 recently?

Here's a pic of what I mean. That list previously had MANY more options.

User uploaded file

2.2 SR C2D Macbook Pro, 2 gb ram, 120 gb internal hard drive, Mac OS X (10.7), 4 GB Ram now, not 2

Posted on Jul 29, 2011 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2011 12:05 PM

Go to the iMovie Menu and choose Preferences. Make sure the check box titled Show Advanced Tools is checked. That will enable all the other options in that pop-up menu when you drag on top of another clip.

2 replies

Features Recently Removed From iMovie '11? (Resolved!)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.