Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

quicktime player corrupt

Not playing much, especially AVIs (and I have Perian installed). Also, fails to respond to mouse clicks in media window. Need to use keyboard commands to close windows and activate. ?

Posted on Jul 29, 2011 2:19 PM

10 replies

Jul 29, 2011 3:42 PM in response to keg55

Yeah, I've set MPlayerX up as the default media player. And if that don't work, VLC is ready willing and waiting. Quicktime 7.6.9 plays everything just fine, so it would seem to be a problem with the new player in Lion more than anything else. We'll see what happens when things get updated in their usual fashion.

Aug 4, 2011 6:22 PM in response to wadesmith

I noticed the same problem. Did you use a Terminal command back in Snow Leopard to disable the rounded corners in QuickTime X? I had done that, and returning it to the default fixed the unresposive controls. Try copying and pasting the following into Terminal (without the quotes) and pressing Return:

"defaults write com.apple.QuickTimePlayerX MGCinematicWindowDebugForceNoRoundedCorners 0".

Aug 5, 2011 6:42 AM in response to Grey Podder

I had used MacPilot to do that command in its UI, but, yeah, reversing it _did_ solve the unresponsive button problem. Thanks. (Although I absolutely hate those round corners!) Now the AVI problem remains. It may be moot- I've basically gone to MPlayerX as my default. It has nice square corners, just like the original video. The only reason for round corners is to emulate a CRT, and, well, anyone seen one of those recently...?

Aug 9, 2011 3:48 PM in response to Grey Podder

Okay, I went to the Perian support forums, and, yup, after removing several older codecs from the Quicktime library folder, all seems back to usual- that is, AVIs are playing in QTPlayerX, again. Yes, as of the moment, it looks like there's still a slight bug with the square corners, but I'm good to go to reset QTPlayerX as my default. Thanks all.

quicktime player corrupt

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.