Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I moved domain, but iWeb still wont open my site.

I moved iweb to a new computer (new to me). Moved "domain" to Library/application support/iweb and it still wont open my site.

Using Lion, iWeb 3.0.4 on a MacBook Pro Processor 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Mac OS X (10.7), iWeb 3.0.4

Posted on Jul 29, 2011 6:54 PM

12 replies

Jul 29, 2011 8:35 PM in response to randall68

Since nothing else has worked and the domain file works on the other computer, why not copy the iWeb app and its files from the old computer to the new instead of installing from the DVD.

I believe the only file you would need to transfer would be:

/Applications/iWeb

~Library/Application Support/iWeb

I think the ~/Library/ Preference files should recreate themselves

Jul 30, 2011 12:33 AM in response to randall68

If you are using Lion, then do a search of this forum - there are plenty of posts like yours posted and apparently it is a known fact that Lion will not open multiple domain files in iWeb. There are things that you can do to get around this and it just means downloading something extra.

There is something about hidden files also - I don't really know as I have not upgraded to Lion yet.

Jul 30, 2011 9:01 AM in response to randall68

In Lion the Finder folder is now invisible. To make it permanetely visible enter the following in the Terminal applicaiton window: chflags nohidden ~/Library and hit the Enter button - 10.7: Un-hide the User Library folder.

That being said once you move the original Domain.sites2 file into the new Users/Home/Library/Application Support/iWeb folder download and run this application to select the domain file to be opened with iWeb: iWeb Multi Domain. It makes a modification to the iWeb preference file each time it's run so the domain file you choose will be the one opened.

The application is the following script that Cyclosaurus offered to us in one of his posts that someone added the iWeb icon to. Or you can copy it below and make your own scrip applicaiton.

do shell script "/usr/bin/defaults write com.apple.iWeb iWebDefaultsDocumentPath -boolean no"

delay 1

tell application "iWeb" to activate

OT

I moved domain, but iWeb still wont open my site.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.