Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to get important iCal information using my time machine backup....

I'm going to use another Mac until I can get my main mac fixed. What file should I be looking for in the backup which will enable me to do this? Is it a "plist" file or a "prefs" file?

thanks

djh

Posted on Jul 29, 2011 7:11 PM

5 replies

Jul 30, 2011 12:35 PM in response to Ferd II

This replacement Mac is a MacMini using 10.4.11, and is woefully inadequate for what I want to do, so I will upgrade the OS to 10.5 and then try again. I also thought I would try to sync using my iphone which has the info on it also, but again this old system doesn't even recognize the iPhone in iTunes!

Thanks for your help.

djh

Jul 30, 2011 4:18 PM in response to ghtK3VHxiO9DalJklqHh

djh,

In your case, it should be sufficient to use the iCal Archive/Backup feature on the MIni.

To be on the safe side, export an Archive and then Export each calendar individually. Save all Export and Archive copies in a known safe location, and then when it comes time to restore the new version of iCal first atttempt to use the Archive.

There have been users who have had problems with the Archive, and hopefully you will not need to use the Export copies of the individual calendars.

User uploaded file

I need to get important iCal information using my time machine backup....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.