Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Time Capsule is not backing up properly after upgrading to Lion.

I upgraded to Lion on the release date and have all the software updates installed on my MacBook Pro 17" UniBody i7 and all the updates on my brand new Time Capsule. It worked great on 10.6 and now it backs up and will show for instance 10.5 GB complete out of 10.5GB and will increase to 11.1GB of 11.1GB. So my timer or estimate bar is never correct and the backup never seems to be over. I have rebooted my computer and time capsule many times. Any help is appriciated.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 29, 2011 8:41 PM

1 reply

Jul 29, 2011 9:22 PM in response to kdamghani

I have had the same issue, TC would start a back up the first one showed 6.47 GB. TC would run for what seemed like forever, and I would restart, eject TC, start again ect

The way I resolved the problem was to got to Energy Saver in System Preference, and set the computer sleep to never, then started TC and just let it run, took close to 4 hours, but after it finished the first backup, then did another almost immediately it has been working perfect just like SL

I restet Energy Saver back to my original settings

I found patience was in deed a virtue

Mike

My Time Capsule is not backing up properly after upgrading to Lion.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.