Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem saving Mail messages to rtf(d) with Lion

This is a problem encountered some years ago at an ealrier OSX upgrade, which was ultimately fixed. It is so tedious having to go back and do it all again.

To save a message from Mail as an RTF is not a problem but to save one which has a JPEG or PDF included in the message only works with incoming messages. If I want to save to rtfd a message with a picture which I have sent out, it will do so but without the picture. During the saving process the tick box for Save Images is greyed out under any of the save options (txt, rtf, raw).

Switching back to the Classic view does not help. Nor does any of the usual housekeeping measures, such as Reboot, Rebuild Permissions, Safe Boot etc.

One might wonder if this really is a problem worth worrying about but, trust me, this really messes up my workflow.

MacPro quad 2.66/6GB + 1TB TCapsule + Airport Xtreme, Mac OS X (10.6.7), 30" Apple display, HP Z3100 GP + Epson SCR2400, G4 PwrBk, iMac +

Posted on Jul 30, 2011 2:25 AM

8 replies

Jul 30, 2011 3:05 AM in response to coocooforcocoapuffs

It gets worse. I have just saved an incoming mail message with three attached photos. It said it was saving the images (hooray) and it created an RTFD file (folder). However, when I opened the saved document there were no images! Very very odd...

Some readers may think that I must be getting it all wrong and this is just pilot error. I can here reassure them that is not the case; I am a technically competent Apple user of some 25 years' experience. I am not a code monkey though; I can strip down and reassemble a thirty year old naturally aspirated performance engine but I would not be able to do anything under the hood which involved chips and computers!

It is a difficult one to pin down but I will be very interested to know if any other Lion upgraders are experiencing similar problems, however ill-defined.

Drew

Problem saving Mail messages to rtf(d) with Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.