Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Versions not working in Pages???

I installed Lion on my MBP a few days ago. Fired up Pages this morning to work on a document. Discovered I had deleted something 20 minutes ago or so. So I went into versions and got the "space" Time Machine thing, saw my version on the left and A version on the right. The version on the right was the first one that I had saved. There were no other versions behind it - well there were some black pieces of paper but nothing on them and I coildn't go back to get them.

Is there some setting I need???? Does Versions work?

Bryan

2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Jul 30, 2011 5:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2011 8:20 AM

I'm guessing you never saved the document. Your first version is the saved one. After that initial save a new one is created with each autosave. Autosave doesn't appear to be triggered until after your first save.

5 replies

Jul 31, 2011 6:42 AM in response to Bryan Schmiedeler

Lion automatically creates a version of a document once every hour. (See Taking Control of Using Lion, a TidBits publication.) Autosave occurs at random depending on a bunch of factors.

If you want to create a version more often I'd suggest using the File > Save a Version menu command. For example, if you'd like to take a snapshot of your document before deleting a large chunk of a document, finishing up a chapter, etc.

Versions not working in Pages???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.