Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Server IP Address with Virtual NIC

Trying to get my DroboPro working again with iSCSI. It worked correctly under Server 10.6.8.

Working with Drobo Tech Support, they want me to create another virtual NIC in the 169.xxx.xxx.xxx range.

Once I create the virtual NIC, the server moves to that address in the server app, rather than the actual static IP that it should be using (10.0.1.xxx).

I cannot seem to point the server back to the correct IP unless I delete the virtual NIC.

There is no way to select one or the other in either Server.app or Server Admin that I can see.

Server Admin also show the 169 address in bold.

I seem to remember in 10.6.8 there being a way to select the desired Ethernet connection from Server Admin. Obviously it wasn;t something I used every day, so I don't remember how to make the change.

This is a Mac mini (3,1), so there is 1 physical NIC.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7), Server

Posted on Jul 30, 2011 6:40 AM

2 replies

Jul 30, 2011 11:21 AM in response to matthew.mcconnell

I struggled with a DroboPro as well. The iSCSI connection caused repeated lock-ups on the server. Eventually, I gave up and just connected it via USB (what a waste).

In System Preferences->Network, I believe the server should automatically make its primary IP address the one that is at the top of the "Services" list. You can use the menu under the gear icon to "Set Service Order..." to reorder them.

Server IP Address with Virtual NIC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.