Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to see computer contents?

How do I see all of the contents on my lion hard drive?

it seems the simplification of the OS has made it so that I can only see files and folders withen the user I am logged into ata time.

So far, I have found that I can manage the Lion imac better by connecting to an old macbook or to an external hard drive, but that sounds kinda stupid.

how do i see and manage all of the files on my computer in lion?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), imac, mac pro, macbook, ipad, iphon

Posted on Jul 30, 2011 7:39 AM

14 replies

Jul 30, 2011 7:55 AM in response to Sam Beaver

Sam Beaver wrote:

How do I see all of the contents on my lion hard drive?

it seems the simplification of the OS has made it so that I can only see files and folders withen the user I am logged into ata time.

Yes, that's how a multi-user operating system is supposed to work. Each user's files are protected from other users, including admin users.

Colin already pointed out the rest of the hard drive, but you can also just use unix to get to whatever you really think you need to.

Jul 30, 2011 9:02 AM in response to thomas_r.

Actually there was a subtle change in the Finders sidebar. The Startup drive was no longer listed as one of the hard drives.

Your computer could be listed, which allowed access to the hard drive, but that involved a multi-click process to get there.

The solution though is simple, just drag your startup drive to the sidebar, that will add it to your list of devices along with any other drives.

Tom

how to see computer contents?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.