4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2012 8:48 PM by BProductions
Tony Barone Level 2 Level 2 (220 points)

I simply cannot believe Apple released such a piece of garbage and called it Final Cut Pro X! 

Been trying to use it to put together a pretty simple photo-slideshow with videos inserted and the program is simply infuriating!!  It crashes FAR more that it works, simply by moving an audio clip, which the program doesn't even allow you to move with any degree of precision.

Just trying to sort through my footage, the way it displays by date and such instead of allowing me to work the way I want to, its just so sad.

Apple was a much better company before they became so popular with the "i" generation... they actuall pretened to care about their "pro" customers instead of releasing a complete piece of garbage and calling it "PRO".

I hat to do it, but I'm going to have to switch to something else, perhaps Adobe Premiere... at least down the line when it comes time to upgrade my hardware, I can leave Apple and save a lot of money and have fewer aggravations.

Really is a shame.

G4 Quicksilver Dual 1 GHz, Mac OS X (10.2)
  • hvxuser Level 1 Level 1 (35 points)

Dito..... shame is that it no longer comes in a box with manuals at least then I'd have gotten a doorstop for my $000's

FCPx can't see my external hard drives and can't open a new project coz 8gb isn't enough apparently .... i.e. it's UNUSABLE!

Apple don't give a toss!

• 7163 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

You mean moving audio that's attached to video?

Choose your clip, right click the clip and choose detach audio. Select the "position" tool, place the audio clip wherever you want.

As to the sorting issue you have... You have quite a few options, and I'm very happy with the once I found.

If I understand the audio problem you are having correctly, it seems that your just opposing learning new tricks...

Remember also that this IS v1.0 and nobody forced you to buy it. Maybe you should have waited for an .1 release?

• Tony Barone Level 2 Level 2 (220 points)

Nope, not opposed to "learning new tricks", just not accustomed to Apple putting out crap.  The program freezes up regularly, but I've found most often when trying to move an audio clip.. the beachball of death appears.

It may be a 1.0, but given the time Apple worked on the thing, you'd think it would have a few less "kinks".  It would be like Adobe releasing a version of Photoshop that freezes when you move a layer!  Its truly laughable! 

I'm sorry if I expect more from a company like Apple than you seem to, but I've been a customer of theirs for over 20 years, and its really tragic to see whats happened to them..

Cash rich, Arrogance through the roof, App Quality and Customer Suport in the toilet.

• BProductions Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Soooooo has there been a fix yet cause i just downloaded this app and used for about a month.  And nothing but crashes ANYTHING? you can help with