Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macintosh LC not turning on

Hello everyone,

I have a beautiful fully functional Macintosh LC on my desk, has been with me like for 20 years or so. I always used to turn it on once in a while, just to see if it's still working, or at least until last day, when I plugged everything in, turned the monitor on and hit the switch on the "pizza box".. and nothing happened.

I take off the cover and everything seems ok, except for an unusual static ticking sound coming from the power unit (shown in the picture) when I turn the switch on.

User uploaded file

Internet says it might be a dead logic board battery, could it be that or something worse?

Macintosh LC-OTHER, Mac OS 8.6 or Earlier

Posted on Jul 30, 2011 9:04 AM

1 reply

Aug 5, 2011 8:31 AM in response to iMatyas

iMatyas,

Sorry no one has answered yet. Do you have a way of testing voltage? You can test the power coming from each lead to see if the power supply has failed. We can test one of ours to see what the values should be. The clicking sound could also be a relay or heat sensitive device that is turning on and off. We will have to investigate.

Ji~m

Macintosh LC not turning on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.