Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Launchpad randomly rearranges apps

For some reason my launchpad will rearrange some of the apps/folders. It isn't all the time and it doesn't move a lot of apps, just a few apps and only a few spaces from their normal position. No one else uses the computer so I know it isn't someone else. Is there a way to stop launchpad from rearranging my apps?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 30, 2011 11:00 AM

8 replies

Dec 12, 2011 11:59 PM in response to vidgpersonrsw

I am definitely having this problem as well. I was beginning to think it was just me, as not many people are talking about it. Not a very serious problem, I know, but it can impede my workflow when I have to search for an app that has decided to move places for no apparent reason.

It seems to happen every time I restart, and possibly on some other random occasions. It really likes rearranging MS Office apps for some reason. I usually put Word next to Pages and they like to switch, causing me to open the wrong app and curse at my screen while I do a force quit. It even moved the MS Office folder I created full of those apps.

It would be nice to have a fix for this, but in the mean time I'll just keep grumbling at my screen unpleasantly.

Launchpad randomly rearranges apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.