Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resize a diagram in Keynote

I'm trying to resize a diagram I made with Keynote 09 in Snow Leopard; nothing but lines (and multiple lines), grouped. I can size bigger, but not smaller sometimes! (Some diagrams work fine.) I must have set something that restricts making smaller; but what??

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.1), iWork08, iLife08

Posted on Jul 30, 2011 5:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2011 10:36 AM

Keynote retains the size of everything you're shrinking stored as a floating point value. I would guess that there's something you're trying to shrink below a size that Keynote can represent.

However, if you Group, then copy the Group, you can open Preview, do command-n, then Copy that and paste back into Keynote. Now that your "Group" has been converted to a PDF image, you should be able to shrink it as small as you need to. Google "Preview Passthru" for more info.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2011 10:36 AM in response to Stan Isaacs

Keynote retains the size of everything you're shrinking stored as a floating point value. I would guess that there's something you're trying to shrink below a size that Keynote can represent.

However, if you Group, then copy the Group, you can open Preview, do command-n, then Copy that and paste back into Keynote. Now that your "Group" has been converted to a PDF image, you should be able to shrink it as small as you need to. Google "Preview Passthru" for more info.

Aug 2, 2011 11:55 PM in response to Kyn Drake

Thanks for the suggestion. That gets around the problem (though it shrinks the thickness of some of my lines). But I don't think the reason is as simple as the floating point value, because I made 5 diagrams at the same time, and could shrink 3 of them, but not the other 2. They were similar to each other, but must have had something (like the ruler settings or gridline settings or slide size, which was 600x600 pixels) that prevented the resize in those 2. It would be nice to know just what prevented it, so I can avoid it in the future.

It could be the sizing, I suppose; for the 2 that gave me trouble, I had squared the slides to 600x600. I think I had increased that to 750x750 (or something) on the other 3 slides. I needed to square the sizes so my grid would produce squares, not rectangles.

Resize a diagram in Keynote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.