Luis from Logic Pro support today told me that since Lion iLife is separate purchase, so in my case this is probably not the problem. In fact, when looking at my computer I expected that iMovie etc had been automatically installed but it isn't even there. I would suggest you make sure it's installed in the first place. If it is, find the iLife installer from around the time of the Lion release and install that.
If they don't fix this soon it's the end of Logic!! I guees i aint the first to post this kind of comment but allot of Logic work is making you wish you wher in a mexican jail for drug trafficing.. Me and my boys found a way to get away from the hang (sort of).. Assinging a stop key on your midi keyboard and you can atleast stop the thing from playing and get out of the hang. Let's hope they fix it soon!!!!
This whole situation is, for lack of a stronger and potentially censorable word or phrase, RIDICULOUSLY ABSURD.
"Install a clean iLife"!?! Ha!
Apple techs, seriously now, really? What else can we all say here?
Great job wrecking an institution of a program. Clear as day to see that this greedy iDevice focus is the new driving force.
WOW! ok I only upgraded to ML the other day, went straight from SL to ML for this very reason! should check the fourms first! DOHHHH! One way I am releved it's not just me and then in another rather annoyed! I mean this thread is amost 3 months old!!! It's quite a major issue...not a bah I'll put up for it one...it's proper anoying!!!
Anyways...if there is a solution, apart from downgreaging logic or running my BKup SL from my other divre (which I don't want to as apart from this issue I realy like the OS!) PLEASE POST IT! ..... I have a feeling Logic X is going to be announced soon...there has not been a logic update for quite a while now!
I can confirm that downgrading to logic 9.1.5 solved the issue for me on 10.8.2 as well.
I did the supplemental update of ML before downgrading to 9.1.5.
After hours of working on a project no lag anymore. Start /Stop responds like it should . mouse is back.
9.1.6 has been almost unusable here as well.
apple has the previous 9.1 versions hidden here:
copy Logic 9.1.6 ( using right click ) then right click and press option to move it out of your application folder.
Then install logic 9 from dvd and update using the above 9.1.5.
apple is too busy with other things as we could see this keynote......
I think I've worked out where the issue lies.... I could be well off but what seems to happen is the mouse is losing focus......and I think it's to do with short cuts/gestures on ML... please don't crucify me I am nice person! I think somewhere in something between the versions of logic and ML there is some conflicting things around gersurs and shortcuts...one short cut that I've notice which messed my old SC settings is CTLR and the arrow keys...I've gone from SL to ML so donno if this was something in L. I personally keep pulling out of logic cause my old short cut for zooming in logic was CTLR and the arrow keys. Now I have to use Option and CTLR.
Soooooo........the mouse loses focus and thus giving the illusion of a UI lag.... although it appears to be running normal. Please test this. I'm wondering if this has been a main problem for logic users cause of the way shortcuts are used? Either the drugs are kicking in but I done this (which I can't find the post!! baa!) but System prefeancys>trackpad>zoom and scroll (tab) -> and uncheck Scroll Direction and i can't say I've had this UI issue again....worth a go? Actauly who here is using a track pad? and not...cuase if it's just track pad users then this may be the fix?!?!!?!??!
^^it's just a theory and at this moment in time....anything kind of theory must be of some use to someone somewhere anywhere...hello is there anybody out there....space is lonely...good bye
About the Logic Pro 9.1.8 Update
- Additional content downloads now behave correctly when installing on OS X Lion and OS X Mountain Lion.
- Resolves an issue in which the Save As command sometimes resulted in an alert dialog in Logic 9.1.7.
- Fixes an issue that caused an Airplay dialog to repeatedly appear.
- Relaunching the audio driver now reliably applies changes made to the buffer size.
Performance and Stability
- Resolves performance issues when using plug-ins that provide frequent graphic feedback.
- Resolves an issue that could cause an abnormally large monitoring delay after a computer wakes from sleep.
Plug-ins and Instruments
- Fixes an issue with ES2 that could create distortion when a sidechain was used as the modulation source.
- Tuner now responds consistently when used in a channel strip that also contains plug-ins which introduce latency.
- The MIDI channel for a multi output software instrument is no longer changed when adding Aux outputs when there are regions on the track.
- Logic now properly maintains Aux assignments for multi-output instances of Kontakt that are migrated from earlier versions to Kontakt 5.
- Resolves an issue in which deleting tracks took longer than expected if Melodyne Editor was inserted on a track