Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot login to FaceTime

What an awful time I have had trying to login to Face Time. I cannot login, created new account nothing works. You would think Apple has this solved before creating the App.

NOPE.

Face Time-OTHER, Other OS, Mac OS X

Posted on Jul 30, 2011 8:52 PM

2 replies

Aug 1, 2011 11:10 PM in response to Saulo Ricardo Lopes

Hi Saulo,

Yes, I did everything you said on both my computers (one is a new Imac and the other is a 6 year old MacBook Pro). I was hopeful but in the end what you suggested did not work and after trying to log in with my Apple ID and password (account is verified) I continue to get the message "Could not sign in. Try your network connection and try again."

Since installing Lion and having Face Time, I must have tried it 15 times and I keep getting the same message. I even created 2 other Apple ID accounts with different passwords - I still cannot get in.

A tech support guy at Support Rix suggested going into Library and deleting

com.apple.IC Chatagent.plist I was afraid to do this so I stalled him until his next call to continue this idea. Why do you think he arrived at this idea? He is pretty certain this is what I have to do to get Face Time to work. I did go into Library and there were 5 or so similar .plist files but could not find the one he said above. This guy wanted me to delete all five of the Ichat.plist files and I said no not now.

Anyone know why he wanted me to do this to get this now negative Face Time app to work?

cannot login to FaceTime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.