6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2011 7:51 AM by Dyrlund
dbk9999 Level 1 (60 points)

I don't use it much, but ever since installing Lion, I can't launch Steam to play games I have (like Portal).  All that happens is the icon keeps bouncing in the dock.  Eventually it will stop, but I never got the Steam menu bar or anything.

I read someplace about running the update after launching Steam, butsince Steam never really runs, I can't do that.

• jardee Level 1 (0 points)

I'm having the exact same problem and Steam has not responded to my requests for help.  Can anyone suggest a fix?  I'd really like to play Civ V again sometime!

• dbk9999 Level 1 (60 points)

I think I solved the problem - though I haven't actually played any games to be sure it all works.  I can properly launch steam though.

Since I couldn't get the app to launch so I could tell it to update, I went and downloaded the stream app from scratch and installed in over the old one.  Try that.

• peterfromamesbury Level 1 (0 points)

I have the same issue. Steam will not open.Uninstalled and reloaded but no good. Cannot even open the trash to get the old steam back!

• dbk9999 Level 1 (60 points)

I didn't uninstall.  Just loaded the latest version on top, replacing it.  Probably doesn't matter, but just wanted to clarify.  I'm assuming by "reloaded" you were installing the latest version?  I don't know if the version I did was different from what I already had or not.

But it seems odd that you can't even open your trash!

• peterfromamesbury Level 1 (0 points)

Ok things are looking up slightly.  Unistalled and had to reboot a couple of times to get the dl app to start. Seems to be ok for now apart from the game crashing. Thanks for the tip

• Dyrlund Level 1 (0 points)

I have the same problem as you have but i had still not found a solution. And i have tried to reinstall several times without succes. Can anybody help me? Im also running lion.