Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is the white Macbook so awful?

So I bought the 13inch macbook about a year ago and it has been nothing short of a major disappointment. As someone coming from a low-income family I thought i was choosing a reliable computer that would see me through my post-secondary studies without issue. This has not been the case whatsoever. I have had this machine fixed over 7 times within the first year of owning it. There have been over heating problems, problems with the DVD drive, hard drive and track pad just to note a few. I feel taken advantage of by you people who told me a year ago that "The only real difference between the macbook pro and macbook is aluminum body, the rubber bottom and the processor". Anyone I know with a macbook pro has NOT experienced any problems with their machine. To put it bluntly I regret investing in such a joke of a computer I want my money back and that won't happen. I have spent money on repairs that I just wish went to a better machine. One more thing, I recently had my computer fixed because of peeling of the rubber on the bottom of my computer. This is a defect in the design of the computer it is obvious who glues rubber to aluminum? Also at the same time of the peeling my mag-safe adapter was extremely hot to the touch. I mean if you touched this thing for more than 3 seconds your skin would start burning, on your finger tips. This melted part of the plastic near the magsafe port as it charged overnight. I took it in to get fixed at MacOutpost last week they replaced everything, I recieved a new charger, new bottom it was great to have my computer back from a repair store for the 7th time. Anyways as I type this out my fan does not spin I will have to take it in again soon to get that fixed or else I will experience more overheating issues. Thank you very much for taking advantage of a disadvantaged individual, I should've been more careful and I wonder if I can seek legal action against apple. Like look at the confidence you've shown in the macbook, its discontinued and who is going to want an air. I have lost all confidence in this company thank you very much for making my life this much worse.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 31, 2011 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2011 9:08 AM

Is there a question you'd like help with? If so, please state it. Otherwise, spare us your whining, as that's not what this forum is for.

>I have spent money on repairs that I just wish went to a better machine.

Why would you pay for repairs that are covered free under warranty?

I have had this machine fixed over 7 times within the first year of owning it.

They why didn't you ask for a new one. After 3 repairs you're generally considerd for a replacment.

Thank you very much for taking advantage of a disadvantaged individual,

Oh you're full of it. While I understand your frustration, nobody took advantage of anyone. You're the one who chose to buy it, and who didn't ask for a replacement

P.S.

You're not addressing anyone at Apple here. We are users just like you.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2011 9:08 AM in response to cameron49

Is there a question you'd like help with? If so, please state it. Otherwise, spare us your whining, as that's not what this forum is for.

>I have spent money on repairs that I just wish went to a better machine.

Why would you pay for repairs that are covered free under warranty?

I have had this machine fixed over 7 times within the first year of owning it.

They why didn't you ask for a new one. After 3 repairs you're generally considerd for a replacment.

Thank you very much for taking advantage of a disadvantaged individual,

Oh you're full of it. While I understand your frustration, nobody took advantage of anyone. You're the one who chose to buy it, and who didn't ask for a replacement

P.S.

You're not addressing anyone at Apple here. We are users just like you.

Aug 2, 2011 10:10 PM in response to cameron49

There's not a product on the planet that doesn't occasionally throw up a duff one now and then. But overall, you obviously only have experience of this one (sadly) "iffy" MacBook. I've had Macs for 20 years and now own a MacBook 13" too. It's superb. The answers given by Templeton Peck are right on the nail.

A warranty is there to protect us from such difficulties, but we have to be bright enough to ask for its conditions to be met.

Aug 3, 2011 5:12 AM in response to cameron49

Like look at the confidence you've shown in the macbook, its discontinued and who is going to want an air.

Well... to be fair... the current Air is significantly more powerful than the last MacBook. You do lose an optical drive and you have limited storage options (upgrades for storage are possible, but they're fairly expensive). The 13" MacBook Pro is slightly more expensive than the MacBook was... but offers everything that the MacBook did, plus much more current and powerful processor options. Of course you get the aluminum unibody option across the line. "If" Apple decides to replace your MacBook, it is very possible they will replace it with either an Air or a 13" MacBook Pro... and you may be able to request one or the other. Just think out which one meets your needs. I would suggest you go directly to Apple (regardless of where it was purchased). You should give Apple Support a call and specifically ask to speak with Customer Relations. They generally have a little more authority with respect to replacements than the people who answer the regular support lines.

Why is the white Macbook so awful?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.