Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sleepimage Keeps Returning

I have a 2011 13" MBP that is fully updated on Snow Leopard (not Lion). I have had this computer on hibernatemode 0 since I picked it up, since I prefer the faster sleep speed and like the extra HD space. I just noticed that the /var/vm/sleepimage returned (using Grand Central to figure out why my space decreased). I verified that my hibernatemode was still 0 using pmset -g, and it is 0 and I deleted the sleepimage. That was about 2 hours ago.

I just noticed that my space decreased again, so I checked to see if the sleepimage was there, and it was.

Anyone else with a similar configuration seeing the same thing, or have an idea what the problem is? I can't say for sure, but I don't think this happened until after 10.6.8.1.

Thanks

Posted on Jul 31, 2011 9:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2011 9:41 AM

And... just found the problem from the "More Like This" on the right. Search fail on my part.

This Discussion had the same problem. The hibernatemode is dependent on the power supply. Mine was 0 for plugged in, but as soon as I unplugged it, it switched to 3. Don't know how/why that happened, but that was the problem.

1 reply

Sleepimage Keeps Returning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.