Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monthly view bug - creating event

I am able to create an event using the new quick event box at the top where you type in your meeting as regular text, however, double-clicking a day in Monthly view does not invoke a new event. Also, when I right-click on a day and select "New Event", nothing happens.

Adam

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 31, 2011 10:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2011 11:33 AM

Adam,

Try refreshing the iCal plist file. You will find the com.apple.iCal.plist file in your Macintosh HD/Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences Folder. To get to the Library folder use Finder>Go>Depress the "Option" Key and select LIbrary. Quit iCal, drag the .plist file to your Desktop. Then log out/in or restart.

User uploaded file

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2011 11:33 AM in response to AHALEY

Adam,

Try refreshing the iCal plist file. You will find the com.apple.iCal.plist file in your Macintosh HD/Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences Folder. To get to the Library folder use Finder>Go>Depress the "Option" Key and select LIbrary. Quit iCal, drag the .plist file to your Desktop. Then log out/in or restart.

User uploaded file

Aug 2, 2011 12:02 PM in response to AHALEY

This has been interesting. Apparently, when double clicking, the "new event" was actually created (but not on the computer) but it did migrate over to my iDevices. However, If I added a new event on my iDevice, it would not populate back to the MacAir.

I did your advice, and everything is working as it should now.

A big "Thanks to you" for the solution!

Adam

Monthly view bug - creating event

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.