Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv won't accept itunes login for network test, can't login to netflix

have 1.5 d/l speed, fastest available, bummer, can't login to itunes for network test unless i totally reset to factory defaults then it takes 1.5 hours to d/l updates. Having trouble with sharing and getting aptv to see macbook pro. can't log into netflix and no way to get back to initial netflix login without complete restore. It happens at random, works fine one minute, next stream has problems. I know speed is slow but when it is working it is fine. Why doesn't apple have a signout / signin screen for netflix, and not the logout screen when you ARE logged in, there is no need need to log out then. I have opened port 123 as I am not getting you tube when this happens either. Have tried putting apple tv in dmz, no luck. Have called tech and they want me to take the unit to the service center 50 miles one way to test it. Netflix is working fine on the macbook, it's definitely in the aptv. I am a Windows switcher and have totally given faith to apple but this product is useless unless of course you have the speed to back it. However when I called before purchasing it there was no mention of problems, just that itunes may be slow. After purchase I was told I needed minimum of 5 meg d/l. This doesn't sound like apple. Have talked to tech with Actiontec 724wg and the modem/router is as clear as it can get with firewall, dmz, and port forward. Have tried different ISP provided modems and speeds are slower. Give me a break, Apple can do better than this.

If i totally do a factory reset chances are it will straighten out and fly right, but not always. The processor in the aptv must be too slow or the 5 gig of flash is not enough. Just seems to me all the software went in to itunes and netflix was an afterthought.

My thoughts, the unit will go on ebay soon as there will never be a higher speed where I live.

AppleTV 2, Mac OS X (10.5.8), netflix is taking backseat to itune

Posted on Jul 31, 2011 12:00 PM

There are no replies.

apple tv won't accept itunes login for network test, can't login to netflix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.