Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows Migration Assistant will not work without Outlook Express installed

Hello everyone,

I just installed the Windows Migration Assistant on to a PC running WinXP SP3. The installation went fine, but when I run it I get two error messages. One is from Windows telling me that it could not get Outlook Express running (this is because I do not have it installed!) and then another error message from Windows Migration Assistant itself telling me that I have to stop Outlook Express before proceeding. Yes, there is a lot of irony involved here, especially since I'm just using the Migration Assistant for moving files and iTunes. Any ideas? Thanks for any help.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MacBook Air, Windows XP Pro

Posted on Jul 31, 2011 12:10 PM

3 replies

Jan 15, 2012 10:17 PM in response to sjwild

I also have this problem -- I've tried manually qutting every non-essential process in task manager (nothing shows under running applications), installing "SmartClose" to close all non-essential processes, and restarting (twice.) Nothing seems to kill the phantom Outlook Express. Any suggestions... anyone... please?

Windows Migration Assistant will not work without Outlook Express installed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.