Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail: How do I add contacts to address book?

In the Apple Mail program, there is an option to add sender to address book. But when I do that, it just adds the sender to my address book, oftentimes without a name associated to the contact. So that contact could easily get lost.

I'd like to be able to add a sender from Apple Mail, then, at a later point, go to the address book and review who I've added, and edit their information.

Is there a way to add the sender to the address book, and have that contact added to a default folder within address book. That way I could later go back and review a bunch of contacts I've added at the same time. Thanks.

Macbook Pro, iPhone OS 1.x

Posted on Jul 31, 2011 1:35 PM

2 replies

Jul 31, 2011 1:55 PM in response to David Lyell

Adding an address to Address Book opens Address Book so that you can edit the card before saving it. Is that not happening for you, or is that happening but you want to ignore it until you're ready to go add other information?

If the latter, you could always create a smart group in Address Book with the criteria "Name" "is not set". Then just go in now and then and add names to everything in that group. Of course, the problem with this technique is you may have to go back and find that address in Mail and refresh your memory as to who it belongs to. It would probably be quicker, overall, to just add the name at the time you're adding the contact.

Apple Mail: How do I add contacts to address book?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.