9 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2012 3:38 PM by Mark23
Mountainboy Level 1 (55 points)

I can use some help here.  Clean install of 10.7 Loin + Server app.  Everything went fine.  The server (Mac Mini) is configured as an OD Master with these services running - Address book, iCal, File Sharing, Mail, VPN, Web and Profile Manager.   DNS checks out fine using the changeip commeand -

The names match.  There is nothing to change.

dirserv:success = "success"

When I'm in Profile Manager and I click on "Visit user portal" I get Safari can't connect... I've downloaded and setup Apple's Push SSL's and configured a self signed SSL.  Everything looks like its in their correct place. I confirmed the Mini is online by surfing the www.  When I go into the web server module and click "View Server Web Site" I get the same message.

All other services seem to be working fine except for Web and Profile Manager.  I'm attaching three screen shots - 1) Safari 2) Console All Messages 3) Web Server Error Log.  Any ideas on what's going on? Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Craig

Screen Shot 2011-07-31 at 4.59.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2011-07-31 at 5.04.43 PM.png

Web Server Error Log

Screen Shot 2011-07-31 at 5.18.20 PM.png

• mindcrime Level 1 (50 points)

I have the same issue. I bought brand new mac mini with lion and then added server. Profile manager and web sites (wiki etc) worked fine until I changed the host name. Now when I go into profile manager it states that profile manager needs to be started even though it shows started. When I go to web server or wiki it says the site can't be found.

• Mountainboy Level 1 (55 points)

Bump... Anyone - Bueller, Bueller.

The common thread here is we both changed our host name and it broke the web and profile manager.  I wonder if there is a way to reset the Profile Manager and WWW modules back to their default settings and start over?

• mindcrime Level 1 (50 points)

I used this.

Try this in Terminal.app:

cd /etc/apache2/sites

sudo -s # become admin--you will have to enter your password here

rm 0000_any_443_.conf

cp 0000_any_80_.conf.default 0000_any_80_.conf

cp virtual_host_global.conf.default virtual_host_global.conf

exit # go back to being a normal user

Then go back to Server.app and restart your services.

• Mountainboy Level 1 (55 points)

Resolved.

In the Terminal

1. cd /etc/apache2/sites

2. sudo cp 0000_any_443_.conf 0000_any_443_.conf.bak

3. rm 0000_any_443_.conf

4. Go to server app restart WWW and Profile Manger.

5. The server app will rebuild the 0000_ conf file.

Profile Manager and WWW now load correctly. 

• '74 Level 1 (0 points)

That did the trick. Thanks

• Stumble32 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi!

I tried this one...

Terminal says: cp 0000_any_443_.conf 0000_any_443_.conf No such file or directory.

Does anybody know why? What is missing in my installation?.

• Mark23 Level 3 (975 points)

Solved! At least for me...

I have described all solutions to the major problems I've been having from a crippled 10.7.3 install to a flourishing one here:https://discussions.apple.com/message/17740033#17740033

Hope this helps!

• Lukaz32 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi,

when I type the command "rm 0000_any_443_.conf" it asks me "override rw-r--r--  root/wheel for 0000_any_443_.conf?" and when I type "yes" it gives me "rm: 0000_any_443_.conf: Permission denied" .

What am I doing wrong?

• Mark23 Level 3 (975 points)

You need to execute the command as root - since the file is owned by root by entering "sudo " in front of whatever command you are planning to issue, in this case you would enter:

sudo rm 0000_any_443_.conf