Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't charge new ipad2

This is crazy and I'm hoping it's something simple. I have ipods, iphone, iMac. No problems with plugging in the cord to charge. I just got a new iPad2, hurried home all excited and I can't get the cord to plug into it to charge it! Is there some secret that is different with this than with other Mac products? It's the cord that came with it but it just will not go in!

Posted on Jul 31, 2011 6:42 PM

13 replies

Jul 31, 2011 7:56 PM in response to dksdapple

Wow, ok, this is weird. I was told in Best Buy that iPads can NOT use the same USB etc. as iPhones because they need more power to charge, but that you can sync them with the same cords. But I was trying just to charge it so I was trying to use the cable etc. that CAME WITH THE iPAD. It will not fit. So now after reading the above post I went to try both cords, the one that goes to the computer and the one I just have in the wall for my iPhone and iPod. They work!! Now whether they will charge or not, I don't know. But I think I'll be back at Best Buy tomorrow asking for another cord/plug to replace the one that came with it. What's with that? Apple put the wrong ones in with iPad2? Odd.

Jul 31, 2011 8:12 PM in response to lobsterghost1

That's the problem. See above, what I wrote originally. The cable that came with the iPad does not fit it! I'm not an inexperienced user. I have had Macs all my life, have had several iPods and two iPhones. So I know how to plug in cables and charge and sync things. But the one that came with it simply does not fit. The iPhone cable does fit. I will take it back to BestBuy tomorrow I guess and see what they say. This is crazy!

Jul 31, 2011 9:47 PM in response to dksdapple

Ok, rbry, that worked. Luckily, it was mostly charged when I brought it home, so I got to play around with it a little. Now, four hours after getting home, it is finally charging with one of my iphone cables and the charger that came with it. I will go back to Best Buy tomorrow. I would think it would be Apple's fault, not Best Buys, they don't open the boxes, but who knows. Maybe they got a bad batch of cables.

Can't charge new ipad2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.