Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I display wallpaper across dual monitors?

I have an iMac 21.5 Mid 2011 and my second monitor is a SAMSUNG SyncMaster SA350. My iMac displays the amazing Apple Lion background and the samsung monitor displays the default Apple Galaxy background. How do I stretch across both? I thought maybe I needed a panoramic background, but it didn't move over. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Brian

Posted on Jul 31, 2011 7:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2017 1:27 PM

My recently released app Fresco handles this and other wallpaper tasks.

Fresco gives you more control over the desktop picture. It lets you:

• Span a panorama image over multiple displays.
  • Resize and position images, to make them fit to your liking.
  • Create your own desktop by combining images.

Visit glimmir.com for additional details, screenshots and videos.

Mac App Store link

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2017 1:27 PM in response to BrMendez

My recently released app Fresco handles this and other wallpaper tasks.

Fresco gives you more control over the desktop picture. It lets you:

• Span a panorama image over multiple displays.
  • Resize and position images, to make them fit to your liking.
  • Create your own desktop by combining images.

Visit glimmir.com for additional details, screenshots and videos.

Mac App Store link

Aug 13, 2017 7:43 AM in response to BrMendez

Hey BrMendez, I go to this website for the wallpaper https://www.wallpaperfusion.com/Search/?Monitors=2 choose 'DUAL MONITORS' then I download the wallpaper to iPhoto or Photos then use the right click and choose "Change Desktop Background" > choose "Desktop Pictures" > "iPhoto" then "Photos" you should have one "Desktop & Screen Saver" in one monitor and "Secondary Desktop" on the other monitor. When you have downloaded the left and right picture for the monitors you will see the left and right pictures in each monitor app. User uploaded file

How do I display wallpaper across dual monitors?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.