Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accessory pricing penalty with mac mini?

I just noticed when configuring two systems I was interested in, that if you get a mac mini, you have to buy the magic mouse and magic trackpad separately at $69 each, but if you get even the cheapest entry level imac at $1199, you can pick up a magic mouse AND trackpad for $69! Well, that just doesn't seem right, does it? I know many probably caught this before, but i'm pointing it out again.

Posted on Jul 31, 2011 9:34 PM

2 replies

Aug 1, 2011 5:30 PM in response to MarkPBG

I guess I don't see this as some sort of pricing inequity. The iMac is priced as coming with a Magic Mouse. So, if you add a Magic Trackpad, you are paying an additional $69 for the trackpad. Likewise, if you buy a Magic Trackpad for your Mac Mini, it will still cost you $69. The difference is that the Mini comes with no input device, so if you want both a mouse and a trackpad, you will have to pay extra for both.

Am I missing something here? The cheapest iMac is twice as expensive as the cheapest Mini, because it comes with a monitor, keyboard and mouse.

Aug 1, 2011 5:57 PM in response to A.L.F.

I missed that the iMac came with the mouse. Then there's no inequality here. I was comparing an as-configured mac mini of around $1044 to the cheapest iMac at $1199, figuring that if I got the pricing close, the non-existent shortfall would be gone and you could get both for $69 with either system. As you say though, I missed that the imac comes with the mouse already. Oops. Gotta stop shopping after midnight! lol

Accessory pricing penalty with mac mini?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.