Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth keeps turning itself back on...

I don't use Bluetooth and so want to keep it off in my MBP (2.3 Ghz, 2011, few days old). Whenever I restart, the Bluetooth turns itself back on—something that never happened with Snow Leopard.

Is there a feature I'm missing that I can turn off? In the Bluetooth preferences, by the way, I try to deselect the boxes to turn off Bluetooth when it doesn't detect a keyboard, and I can't. It just selects the box again, and turns the BT back on!

Thanks for any help.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), 2.3 Ghz, 8 Gb ram, 17"

Posted on Jul 31, 2011 11:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2011 8:43 AM

Had the same problem, even the behavior you describe with the the checkboxes turning themselves on immediately again.

Deleting the Bluetooth preferences (located in the library preferences, not the user library) did the trick. It's called com.apple.Bluetooth.plist. After deleting, restart the computer.

It now works, and I can deselect any checkboxes. I've restarted 3 times since then it stayed off.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2011 8:43 AM in response to marysplacestudio

Had the same problem, even the behavior you describe with the the checkboxes turning themselves on immediately again.

Deleting the Bluetooth preferences (located in the library preferences, not the user library) did the trick. It's called com.apple.Bluetooth.plist. After deleting, restart the computer.

It now works, and I can deselect any checkboxes. I've restarted 3 times since then it stayed off.

Bluetooth keeps turning itself back on...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.