2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 1, 2011 9:38 AM by marysplacestudio
marysplacestudio Level 2 Level 2 (385 points)

I don't use Bluetooth and so want to keep it off in my MBP (2.3 Ghz, 2011, few days old). Whenever I restart, the Bluetooth turns itself back on—something that never happened with Snow Leopard.

Is there a feature I'm missing that I can turn off? In the Bluetooth preferences, by the way, I try to deselect the boxes to turn off Bluetooth when it doesn't detect a keyboard, and I can't. It just selects the box again, and turns the BT back on!

Thanks for any help.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), 2.3 Ghz, 8 Gb ram, 17"
  • Chris1047 Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Had the same problem, even the behavior you describe with the the checkboxes turning themselves on immediately again.

Deleting the Bluetooth preferences (located in the library preferences, not the user library) did the trick. It's called com.apple.Bluetooth.plist. After deleting, restart the computer.

It now works, and I can deselect any checkboxes. I've restarted 3 times since then it stayed off.

• marysplacestudio Level 2 Level 2 (385 points)

Thanks Chris1047. That did the trick. I deleted only the user file, which made no difference as you pointed out. Also, immediately after deleting the preference files from the main library folder (I deleted all three bluetooth.plist files), one has to restart so that no new prefs are created with the old habit, so to speak.