Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

File and Transfer not transcoding full clip?

I'm transcoding files from a Canon EOS 5D. Going to the ProRes 422 codec. BUT certain clips dont transcode the entire clip and it just builds a prores clip with no error. So I dont really know which clips messed up and didnt transcode the entire clip or not. Sometimes only half the original clip is transcoded into a prores clip. As you can see this is a problem. This happens ALOT. And when I catch it I have to go back to the original files from the camera and re-capture or double triple check duration times etc. This ***** and takes time ...

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a solution? Are there any work arounds?

Thanks!

8-Core 3.0 GHz Intel Xeon MacPro, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Aug 1, 2011 2:12 AM

2 replies

Aug 1, 2011 9:08 AM in response to Christopher Sims

Try searching for the camera model in the forums.

The only suggestion I have is to make sure you are copying the media to yoru hard drive before trying to do the capture and transcode. Maintaining the file and folder strucutre is crucial and that little step is well-documented around here.

I shoot on a Nikon but doesn't Canon offer a special software tool for getting your HD footage into FCP?

bogiesan

File and Transfer not transcoding full clip?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.