Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail in thread issue

If I have a group of emails that have gone back and forth to someone or a group Mail marks the thread as replied even if I haven't replied to the latest email. It marks the thread and not the actual email(s) that I have replied to. For example, Joe emailed me last week and I replied last week, he then emailed me again on the same thread (subject title) and the thread is a the replied symbol on it even though I have not relied to the latest email.

Can I change preferences for this or is this an oversight by Apple? It is super frustrating because now to see if I have actually replied or not I have to go into my sent messages and try and find my last reply!

Please help!

Posted on Aug 1, 2011 12:52 PM

1 reply

Aug 1, 2011 5:54 PM in response to tedmed

It must be a bug. I see it too, and it is driving me crazy. I'm actually not replying to people because I think I've already replied.

I also find that sometimes the arrow, when clicked, doesn't actually show me the reply anyway.

And I can't see which mails individually were replied either. Shouldn't there be some idicator on the messages in the conversation too?

Mail in thread issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.