Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pages>>show layout: How can I see/view textboxes or images outside of the design area?

I would like to be able to see items that I'm working on outside of my design area. I recently switched to pages from ms publisher. The photos show examples of what I would like to accomplish since it's a difficult question to word.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Application Pages-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 1, 2011 2:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2011 4:20 PM

Not a supported feature in Pages. You can approximate it by putting all your off-page content in another Pages document and keeping both documents open as you work. Copy and Paste or Cut and Paste to move objects between documents.

Jerry

5 replies

Aug 1, 2011 7:08 PM in response to jmacdonald888

Or keep it in another Section so you can drag/option drag them into place.

There is a sort of Pasteboard to the right and below but it is not visible. You can lasso out to grab any objects hidden there or leave just an edge hanging onto the margin on the side of the page so you can grab the items. Alternatively have a few colored objects lying on the side of the page grouped to the bigger objects off the page.

Peter

Aug 2, 2011 6:51 AM in response to jmacdonald888

Just to expand on what Peter said, in the bottom left hand corner, you will see 100%. Click there and in the menu that comes up select Two Up. Then add a blank page after the page you are working on. This will allow you to see both pages next to each other and you can just drag stuff around. When you are done, delete the pages you were using to hold your work pieces.

Dec 27, 2011 8:13 AM in response to jmacdonald888

My workaround is to make a document with twice as many pages as I need then view as 2-up and use the odd numbered pages for output and the even pages as a pasteboard to hold objects and text for dragging into the odd pages.

When finished you can produce a pdf by selecting "print only odd pages" and lose the pasteboard pages.

Not sure this would be convenient with all types of docment but it is OK for pdf newsletter sent by email

pages>>show layout: How can I see/view textboxes or images outside of the design area?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.