Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lion mail date problem

Just when I got the Lion-inflicted unread message problem cleared up a new one has appeared. For some reason Lion has changed the date that every single file on my machine was modified to January 5 2011. Worse, every piece of mail I receive indicates that it was sent on January 5 2011 and received that day. All files in trash show as having been received and sent on January 11 2011.

I wish I'd never heard of Lion. But if anyone can offer some insight here, I'd appreciate it.

MacPro, MacBookPro, iPhone, Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on Aug 1, 2011 10:21 PM

4 replies

Aug 1, 2011 11:03 PM in response to Assignment

Update to Lion mail date problem. Lion has managed to change every date on my computer to January 5 2011, which so far as I recall has no significance whatsoever. And it continues to claim every email was sent and received January 11. Worst of all, Time Machine backed this all on my hardrive, so erasing and starting over isn't an option.

Getting rid of Lion is still an option though.

I can't believe that this has happened, and can't imagine by what means the right dates can now be retrieved. A disaster, in short.

If anyone has any idea how this might be corrected, I'd love to hear it.

Lion mail date problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.