Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Photo Folder On iTune

Hi,

First, when opening iTune and looking at my iPad device in iTurn I don't see the Photo folder.

Second, when trying to import photos from a folder on the computer to my iPad I can't select files and have to download the entire folder.

Third, when downloading one folder it's delete the existing photos on my iPad.

Any solution?

Thanks,

Amnon

iPad 2, Windows XP Pro

Posted on Aug 2, 2011 12:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2011 12:36 AM

The photos tab should appear on the right-hand side of iTunes when you've selected the iPad under Devices on the left-hand side i.e. in the same way that music etc show allowing you to select what to sync to the iPad.

Second : that is how syncing folders works. All the photos in the folder sync over, you can't select photos from within the folder(s). If you don't want to sync entire folders then you need to use a photo program on your computer to sync from (Adobe Photoshop Album 2.0+ or Photoshop Elements 3.0+ on a PC). http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4236

Downloading : that is how it works. You have to sync all the photos that you want on the iPad in one go, as only the most recent photo sync remains on the iPad. Not including photos in a sync is how you delete them from the iPad

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2011 12:36 AM in response to Amnon39

The photos tab should appear on the right-hand side of iTunes when you've selected the iPad under Devices on the left-hand side i.e. in the same way that music etc show allowing you to select what to sync to the iPad.

Second : that is how syncing folders works. All the photos in the folder sync over, you can't select photos from within the folder(s). If you don't want to sync entire folders then you need to use a photo program on your computer to sync from (Adobe Photoshop Album 2.0+ or Photoshop Elements 3.0+ on a PC). http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4236

Downloading : that is how it works. You have to sync all the photos that you want on the iPad in one go, as only the most recent photo sync remains on the iPad. Not including photos in a sync is how you delete them from the iPad

Aug 2, 2011 6:03 AM in response to Amnon39

I only use the iPad's Photos app as that is sufficient for what I need to do - I just have a selection/sample of my photos on the iPad, which are stored in folders under a separate 'ipad selection' folder on my computer.

There are apps such as Photo-Sort For iPad and Photo Manager Pro but I havn't tried any of them - all I can suggest is searching for something like 'photo organiser' in the store and looking at the features/ratings/screenshots of the apps that are found.

Missing Photo Folder On iTune

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.