Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Too much data with iphoto Library Package

Hi,

I understand that iPhoto library (iPhoto 09 , version 8.1) package contents's contain Modified and Originals folders. I feel that it is maintaining too much unnecessary data. For example, my imported photos goes into Originals folder and if I modify (say rotated to right angle that I want), then modified photo will be placed in Modified folder. I wanted to only maintain my modified file, not the original one. I know I don't want to delete from package content's originals folder as there may be chances that my iPhoto get corrupted. If I modified bunch of files, I have originals and modified. When I backup data, it backs both which I don't want. Even I don't want the original once I made dicision that modified photo is the final picture I would always want it. Does any one know how to remove un necessary data on the system. Is there option on the iphone make the modified as original or so?

Thanks,

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.4), iPhone

Posted on Aug 2, 2011 7:59 AM

2 replies

Aug 2, 2011 11:08 AM in response to Praveen0

As Larry has already pointed out iPhoto is probably not the application for you. You want a file manager rather than a photo manager. Picasa might do what you want.

There are some high end DAM (digital asset managers) that will do what you want and much more. Take a look at Media Pro 1 which is what I use for my primary DAM app. You can learn more about it and other DAM apps at the The DAM Forum. Media Pro has a 30 day demo version you can try.

OT

Too much data with iphoto Library Package

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.