Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto duplicate in launchpad

Hi there,

I have a problem with iPhoto duplicate in my Lunchpad.

I have read most of the threads here (I believe) regarding application duplicates in Launchpad, but I can't seem to find a solution.

Most people appear to have problems after osx lion upgrade from snow leopard.

I, on the other had, have just bought the new Macbook Air with OSX lion native on the system.

I have gone through the usual post unboxing update, and updated iPhoto through the app store. Since I have done this, I have 2 iphotos in my launchpad, both of which launch the same version number of iphoto. (9.1.5):

• i have done a spotlight search of "iphoto", this only turns up one application in the folder
  • there is no duplicate application folder anyway as this was not an upgrade from an older osx
  • there is no duplicate of an older version of iphoto in the application folder
  • i have even gone so far as deleting the dock iphoto icon
  • i have even deleted my whole iphoto library (they're backed up elsewhere)

In short I have no idea where the duplicate is...

Any one have ideas?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 2, 2011 8:19 AM

7 replies

Aug 2, 2011 8:28 AM in response to coocooforcocoapuffs

re: launchpad DB.

Anyone else have a Macbook Air with native Lion?

I have tried searching for Library\application support, but there is no "dock" folder people are describing...

That seems to be a dead end for me.

My Library\application support folder has:

apple, avbdeviced, crashreporter, garageband, ilifemediabrowser, proapps, scripteditor...

... folders, and that is all.

😟

Sep 23, 2011 7:59 AM in response to Bruce Kinley

I have had the same issue, duplicate icons in launcher, on a few of my Macs. I fixed the issue by eliminating all shortcuts.

Prior to Lion, I had folders set up in the launch bar with shortcuts to the apps I wanted to access quickly. Launching Launchpad for the first time, I, of course, saw the duplicate icons.

If you haven't found a solution yet, try finding all shortcuts to apps and deleting them.

iPhoto duplicate in launchpad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.