Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Inbound Exchange Updates Issue

My wife uses iCal (Snow Leopard) and MobileMe to her iPhone (iOS4) to manage her business calendar. She often gets meeting invites froma client that is using Outlook/Exchange. The initial meeting comes into her iCal (albeit to a strange calendar) but then, if the sender updates the meeting, the update doesn't get reflected in the original invitation.

I have looked at all the settings and can't find anything amiss. Is this just an incompatability between Exchange and iCal or am I missing something?

Thanks.

David

13" MacBook Pro & G5 iMac Rev. B., Mac OS X (10.6.7), iPhone 3Gs with iOS4, iPad2

Posted on Aug 2, 2011 10:04 AM

1 reply

Aug 2, 2011 6:19 PM in response to David Schwartzer

A little more clarification on this issue. When the original calendar event comes into iCal, it goes to a calendar called Mail To Dos under the On Mac Mac section of the sidebar. All of the other calendars are listed under:

her_name@me.com

I can't transfer the incoming calendar event to any of the other calendars and I know that when I accept the appointment the sender gets a confirmation but on my end it doesn't look like I have accepted it.

The email he sends the invitationms to is a gmail address. She doesn't want to have any more email addresses but would a me.com address solve this problem?

Any thoughts?

Inbound Exchange Updates Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.