Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't install "Octoshape Grid Delivery enhancement" in Safari 5.1

I can't install "Octoshape Grid Delivery enhancement" in Safari 5.1 using Lion 10.7 through cnn.com site because it won't allow me to press Yes or No option.

Any ideas how to fix this so I can install and view CNN live video ?

BLACK MacBook, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 250 HD, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM,, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Aug 2, 2011 11:20 AM

16 replies

Oct 6, 2011 8:53 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

Octoshape Grid Delivery enhancement

By installing the Octoshape Grid Delivery enhancement for Adobe Flash Player, you will be able to view higher quality video streams. This software enhancement will also provide faster start up of content and less buffering and interruptions. These Octoshape enhancements will be installed on your computer as an add-in for the Adobe Flash Player and can be uninstalled at any time (see below).

Frequently Asked Questions

1. What is the Octoshape Grid Delivery enhancement?

The Octoshape software utilizes a grid streaming technology. With grid streaming technology, parts of the video and audio stream you watch may be delivered to your personal computer system via the personal computer systems of other end users of the software, and the personal computer system on which you install the Software may also be used to deliver parts of the video and audio stream to other end users of the Software only while you are viewing the same respective stream.

By installing the Octoshape software you are granting permission for Octoshape, the website and other end users of the software to utilize and share the processor and bandwidth of your personal computer system for the limited purpose of facilitating the communication between you and other end users of the software, including Octoshape and the website, and improving bandwidth efficiency in order to provide you the content.

2. Will other users of the Octoshape grid streaming technology have access to any of my information?

No, other users of the Octoshape grid streaming technology will not have access to any of your information.

3. How will the Octoshape software improve my viewing experience?

Installing the Octoshape software will provide you with:

• Higher quality video
  • Faster startup
  • Less buffering
  • Fewer interruptions

4. Do I need the Octoshape software to view the content on this website?

The site in question may or may not provide the content via other delivery methods. If the content is provided via the unenhanced version of Adobe Flash Player, it will not include the added benefits referenced above.

5. What happens if I select "YES"?

When you select "Yes", the Octoshape software will be installed on your computer, and you will be asked to review and accept the Octoshape End User License Agreement. After you accept the Octoshape End User License Agreement, the Octoshape software will be activated and you will be able to view the content with the enhancements referenced above. The Octoshape software will remain on your computer until you uninstall the program.

6. What happens if I select "YES" to install the software but decline to accept the Octoshape End User License Agreement terms?

The Octoshape Grid Delivery enhancement will be installed on your computer but will remain dormant/unactivated. To uninstall, see instructions below.

7. How do I uninstall the Octoshape software from my computer?

You may uninstall the Octoshape software at any time.

To uninstall the Octoshape Grid Delivery enhancement follow the directions for your specific platform:

Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003: Go to Start -> Settings -> Control panel. Now select "Add or Remove Programs". Find "Octoshape add-in for Adobe Flash Player" and press "Change/Remove".

Windows Vista: Go to Start -> Control panel (-> Programs) and press "Programs and features". Find "Octoshape add-in for Adobe Flash Player" and press "Uninstall/Change" in the top menu.

Mac OS X: Simply drag the folder "octoshape" located at [HARD DRIVE]\Users\[USER]\Library\Preferences\Macromedia\Flash Player\www.macromedia.com\bin\ to the Trash

8. Are there any other terms or conditions that apply to my use of the Octoshape software?

Yes, your use of the Octoshape software is subject to the Octoshape's End User License Agreement. Click here to view the Octoshape End User License Agreement

Feb 22, 2012 5:54 PM in response to MandyAnderson

What I had to do with the other debates on CNN was wait until the next day and they will be posted in sections on YouTube.

I don't have cable or any broadcast television available to me where I am living so I rely on the internet to get coverage.

I hope this can be resolved before the conventions this summer and the certain debates to follow.

I am a junkie for this kind of political theatre and I want access!

Can't install "Octoshape Grid Delivery enhancement" in Safari 5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.