Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hijacked safari

Hello: My Safari has been hijacked. I am currently re-downloading Lion and plan to just re-install Lion. Will this fix my problem?

IMAC, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Aug 2, 2011 11:53 AM

10 replies

Aug 2, 2011 1:25 PM in response to Island Geez

The default mode for Safari in Lion (and all other apps, I guess) is to start-up with the same windows that were open when it was last quit. In your case, it sounds like this popup thing was there and Safari remembered it. The shift thingy should have finished that off. You can also quit with the option key held down to forget about the previously open windows. If all this is true, then re-installing Lion is pointless.

charlie

Aug 2, 2011 2:02 PM in response to CT

Thank you for your input on this. I suppose I should have known the shift key thingy, but oh well...

The Lion down load takes forever, so i'm going to take your advice and forget about re-installing Lion. I guess

I panicked when this problem started, because I have nerver had any "hijacking" problems before.

Thanks again,

Art

hijacked safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.