Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Publish Error: Can't create the file...

Tried to add anchors to a page and now can't publish. Keep getting the notice "Can’t create the file “shapeimage_1_link_0.png.” The disk may be damaged or full, or you may not have sufficient access privileges." I've seen support discussion about that phrase back to 2007. Is there a current solution? Thanks.

iWeb '08, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 2, 2011 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2011 2:38 PM

Try the following:

1. delete the iWeb preference file, com.apple.iWeb.plist, that resides in your Home(User uploaded file)/Library/Preferences folder.
  2. go to your Home(User uploaded file)/Library/Caches/com.apple.iWeb folder and delete its contents.
  3. launch iWeb and try again.

If that doesn't help continue with:

1. move the domain file from your Home/Library/Application Support/iWeb folder to the Desktop.
  2. launch iWeb, create a new test site, save the new domain file and close iWeb.
  3. go to the your Home/Library/Application Support/iWeb folder and delete the new domain file.
  4. move your original domain file from the Desktop to the iWeb folder.
  5. launch iWeb and try again.

How were you adding the anchors?

OT

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2011 2:38 PM in response to thomas208

Try the following:

1. delete the iWeb preference file, com.apple.iWeb.plist, that resides in your Home(User uploaded file)/Library/Preferences folder.
  2. go to your Home(User uploaded file)/Library/Caches/com.apple.iWeb folder and delete its contents.
  3. launch iWeb and try again.

If that doesn't help continue with:

1. move the domain file from your Home/Library/Application Support/iWeb folder to the Desktop.
  2. launch iWeb, create a new test site, save the new domain file and close iWeb.
  3. go to the your Home/Library/Application Support/iWeb folder and delete the new domain file.
  4. move your original domain file from the Desktop to the iWeb folder.
  5. launch iWeb and try again.

How were you adding the anchors?

OT

Jul 1, 2015 6:53 PM in response to Old Toad

It's 2015 now, 5 years later, and I had the same problem with my site:

Publish Error

Can’t create the file “shapeimage_1_link_0.png.” The disk may be damaged or full, or you may not have sufficient access privileges.

I tried everything, all the other advice on all the forums, nothing worked.

Old Toad's advice did the trick. Somehow the combo of all of these things combined worked. Saved me days and days of work. Thanks so much.

Publish Error: Can't create the file...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.