Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recovery trough internet, mbp '11

Bello,

I have an high end mbp 2011 with lion prei stalles.

I have rep aces THE Hdd with an 240 gb ssd!

Now i want to do à pxe boot and use recovery by internet to get lion installed on my ssd.

My internet bandwidth is 120mbit/10 mbit.

I press command + r as i've read That on Apple's support site to boot into recovery mode i have an ethernet cable in THE mbp, and dhcp is running!

From my router...

I get an folder with an question Mark?

THE ssd works, testes under Windows...

What do i need to do in order to install os x lion on my ssd.

Sorry for my iPad 's anoying auto correction.

Btw port forwards can be done from router IF necessary..

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), Vertex3

Posted on Aug 2, 2011 2:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2011 3:10 PM

You can put the old HD into an external drive case, boot from it and copy your info into the New SSD.

If you are just doing it straight from the SSD, you'll need to have OS X Snow Leopard on DVD before installing Lion...

If you MBP is still under warranty you can call the Apple tech support hotline and they will help you set it all up...

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2011 3:10 PM in response to joepvanA

You can put the old HD into an external drive case, boot from it and copy your info into the New SSD.

If you are just doing it straight from the SSD, you'll need to have OS X Snow Leopard on DVD before installing Lion...

If you MBP is still under warranty you can call the Apple tech support hotline and they will help you set it all up...

Aug 2, 2011 3:57 PM in response to Sonicray

Thank you.
I hadn't tought about that.
I've done a restore by booting from the usb drive with command+R so i'd get into recovery mode

From there used
Disk Utility (4th option in the option-list)
And performed an restore from usb to SSD.

This works

*gives worship to Sonicray*

*pokes apple for not fixing Internet Recovery - cause i have a big internet line with no data limits so care, I'd be nice that in the future this option - would work..

Recovery trough internet, mbp '11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.