Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery life

There will be somebody one day that will explain in a scientific manner the reason why the only way to restore life of the battery of iPhone is reset-DFU, and not all those useless tips that have only a temporary placebo effect?

For two years who carry out experiments on the iPhone 3, 4 and 3G and this is my result: to revive the battery needs to be done Reser-DFU.

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Aug 2, 2011 2:58 PM

4 replies

Aug 2, 2011 3:05 PM in response to valterfromrimini

Scientifically: A DFU Restore (Which is what I believe you are referring to) would wipe out all user settings as far as backlight, sleep timer, etc..

If your settings are causing the issue then you don't really have to go to the extent of DFU restoring the iPhone, simply put the settings back to default.

DFU bypasses any usage of the OS files on the device, nothing more, its intended for situations where the device has severe OS corruption that prevents basic functionality. Its not quite what people make it out to be.

EE

Aug 2, 2011 3:25 PM in response to ebinellis

Unfortunately I have many friends who complain about the poor battery life after a few months who have purchased the iPhone. Suggest not to use 3G, localization or wifi is like saying a Ferrari to go 50 km / h. I have done many tests. I disabled everything I could disable. I used Battery Doctor and other similar software. But the gain was almost always minimal or perhaps no. With DFU-reset without using backup, I got the surprising result of different phones to have as a new iphone. And this is happening with OS 3.x.that with OS X 4.x.x

I think it's something that needs to be improved by Apple in software.

Battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.